UMB Online Banking Services Agreement and Disclosure
This Agreement, which includes the Miscellaneous Fee Schedule and Consumer Online Banking Form or Business Online Banking Form("Registration"), is a contract which establishes the rules covering your electronic access to your accounts at United Mississippi Bank ("BANK") through the Internet Banking System ("SYSTEM"). By using the SYSTEM, you accept and are bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Please read it carefully.
The terms and conditions of the deposit account agreements and disclosures for each of your BANK accounts as well as your other agreements with the BANK such as loan agreements, continue to apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement. From time to time various transactions will be affected by FED REG J and you agree to abide by those rules.
This Agreement is also subject to applicable federal laws and regulations and the laws of the State of Mississippi (“Applicable Laws”). If any Applicable Laws permit variance from requirements of such laws by written agreement, then the terms of this Agreement shall control.. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience or reference only, and will not govern the interpretation of the provisions. Any waiver (express or implied) by either party of any default or breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default or breach. You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon your heirs and the BANK’s successors and assignors. Certain of the obligations of the parties pursuant to this Agreement that by their nature would continue beyond the termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement shall survive termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement. This Agreement, together with the UMB Online Banking Services Form, any additional agreements related to specific services listed in the Online Banking Services Form, and Miscellaneous Fee Schedule, constitutes the entire agreement between you and the BANK with respect to the subject matter hereof and there are no understandings or agreements relative hereto which are not fully expressed herein. You must execute this Online Banking Services Agreement before you can enroll in any services listed on the Online Banking Services Form or any future services that we may offer.
As used in this Agreement, the words "we," "our," "us," and "BANK" mean United Mississippi Bank. "You" and "your" refer to the account holder authorized by the BANK to use the SYSTEM under this Agreement and anyone else authorized by that account holder to exercise control over the account holder’s funds through the SYSTEM. "Account" or "accounts" means your accounts at the BANK. "Electronic funds transfers" means ATM withdrawals, preauthorized transactions, point of sale transactions, transfers to and from your BANK accounts using the SYSTEM including bill payments. "SYSTEM Services" means the services provided pursuant to this Agreement, including the Internet Bill Pay Service. "Business days" means Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
To use the System, you must have at least one account at BANK, access to Internet service and the appropriate hardware/software systems. Once we have received your signed Registration, and verified your account information, we will send you, by postal mail, confirmation of our acceptance of your enrollment, along with your assigned log-in ID. We will subsequently send you, by postal mail, a temporary password within 3 business days. Further important information is given below concerning your password. BANK may in its discretion change the procedures or provide additional methods, such as automated methods, for registration and log-in and password designation and will notify you if such changes occur. The SYSTEM can be used to access only BANK accounts, which you have designated for access. You can add or delete any of your BANK accounts from this Agreement by contacting United Mississippi Bank and updating your Registration. You must be a joint or individual owner on all accounts designated in your Registration. We undertake no obligation to monitor transactions through the SYSTEM to determine that they are made on behalf of the account holder
You can use the SYSTEM to check the balance of your BANK accounts, view BANK account histories, verify deposits and withdrawals, transfer funds between your BANK accounts, view stop payments, add check stop payments, contact the bank via e-mail, download account information into financial management software, establish account alerts, register for mobile access, manage debit card status, and pay bills from your checking account(s) in the amounts and on the dates you request if you have requested the Bill Pay Service on your Registration. Customers may participate in remote check deposit services, which are more fully described in the UMB Online Banking Addendum which is incorporated fully into this Agreement. Balance and activity information is available as of 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time of the previous business day. Certain items may appear in a memo post status during the business day.
Hours of Access
The SYSTEM is generally accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except the SYSTEM may be inaccessible for a reasonable period on a daily basis for system maintenance. The Bank is not liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access due to a system failure or due to unforeseen acts.
The Bank may modify, suspend or terminate access to UMB Online Banking Services at any time and for any reason without notice or refund of fees the Customer has paid.
For security purposes, you are required to change your password upon your initial login to the SYSTEM. You determine what password you will use and the identity of your password is not communicated to us. You agree that we are authorized to act on instructions received under your password. You accept responsibility for the confidentiality and security of your password and agree to change your password periodically. Upon three unsuccessful attempts to use your password, your access to the SYSTEM will be revoked. To re-establish your authorization to use the SYSTEM, you may either contact us and sign an updated Registration to have your password reset or to obtain a new temporary password, or you may contact the BANK, and after verifying your identity, BANK will reactivate your access to the SYSTEM and/or reset your password if needed. We may require you to change your password from time to time for security reasons. If there is inactivity in an account for 180 days, your Registration will be deactivated. If there is inactivity for 365 days an account will be purged from the SYSTEM. Deactivation or purging your account from the SYSTEM includes bill pay service.
We require that you create a password that is eight (8) characters in length and uses both alpha and numeric characters for purposes of security. Your password should not be associated with any commonly known personal identification, such as social security numbers, address, date of birth, names of children, and should be memorized rather than written down. If you keep a written record of your password, you should keep your password in a secure location. Any person having access to your Login ID and password will be able to access your Online Banking Services and perform all transactions, including reviewing Account information and making transfers to other Accounts and to other persons. PROVIDING THESE ACCESS CODES TO ANOTHER PERSON EFFECTIVELY CONSTITUTES A GRANT OF AUTHORITY TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNTS UNDER FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD REGULATION E (“REG E”).
- Security Procedures. You will be provided an identification code for your initial use of Online Banking, during which use you will be required to select or create one or more alphanumeric codes, images (“Images”), phrases, questions with a matching answer, token, certificate, or other types of security techniques, all of which are referred to together and separately as your “Security Codes.” We may present one or more of your Security Codes to you when you access SYSTEM services through our website to help you distinguish the Bank site from a fraudulent site created to look like the Bank website. You agree not to attempt to access a site that appears to be the Bank site but fails to present your Images or Security Codes to you.
- Your Obligations. You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality and security of your Login ID, Password, and Security Codes. You should memorize your Login ID, Password and Security Codes rather than writing them down and, where possible, change your Security Codes and Passwords regularly. In selecting your Security Codes and Passwords, you should select items that are different from any other codes or password that you may have other secure accounts. You agree not to reveal the Login ID, Password and Security Codes to anyone. You also agree to review promptly each periodic statement that you receive from the Bank on an Account in order to detect any unauthorized transactions. You understand that anyone who obtains your Login ID and Password can access your Online Banking Account and may initiate transactions on that Account. If you permit any other person to use Online Banking, your Password, Security Codes, or other means to access your Accounts, you are responsible for all transactions the other person authorizes on any of these accounts and for all online agreements the other person signs or accepts while using SYSTEM services. You are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until we have been notified by you of any unauthorized activity. You agree to implement the necessary controls, balancing and reconciliation functions, and audit procedures to protect Accounts from theft or misuse.
- You authorize us to follow any and all instructions entered and transactions initiated using applicable Security Procedures unless and until you have notified us, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, that the Security Procedures as described herein, or any device or Security Code has been stolen, compromised, or otherwise become known to persons other than you or your representative(s) and until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon such notice. You agree that the initiation of a transaction using applicable Security Procedures constitutes sufficient authorization for Bank to execute such transaction notwithstanding any particular signature requirements identified on any signature card or other documents relating to your deposit account maintained with Bank, and you agree and intend that the submission of transactions and instructions using the Security Procedures shall be considered the same as your written signature in authorizing us to execute such transaction. You acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any and all transactions initiated through the use of such Security Procedures, whether authorized or unauthorized, and by any and all transactions and activity otherwise initiated by you, to the fullest extent allowed by law. You further acknowledge and agree that the Security Procedures are not designed to detect error in the transmission or content of communications or transaction initiated by you and that you bear the sole responsibility for detecting and preventing such error.
Fees and Charges
You agree to pay the fees and charges for your use of the SYSTEM Services as set forth in the current Miscellaneous Fee Schedule as revised from time to time. You agree that all such fees and charges will be deducted from the BANK checking account designated on the UMB Online Banking Services Form at statement time. If you close your designated BANK checking account, you must contact us immediately to designate another account. You will need to update your registration by signing a UMB Online Banking Services Form. You agree to pay any additional reasonable charges for services you request which are not covered by this Agreement. You are also responsible for telephone and Internet service fees you incur in connection with your use of the SYSTEM.
Posting of Transfers
Transfers initiated through the SYSTEM before 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time on a business day are posted to your account the same day. Transfers completed after 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on a business day, or on a Saturday, Sunday or banking holiday will be posted on the next business day. You agree to communicate with any other persons with authorized access to your accounts concerning any transfers from your accounts in order to avoid overdrafts.
Overdrafts (Order of Payments, transfers and other withdrawals)
If your account has insufficient funds to perform all electronic fund transfers you have requested for a given business day, then:
- Electronic funds transfers involving currency disbursements, like ATM withdrawals, will have priority;
- If there are insufficient funds in your account to make the electronic payments, transfers or other withdrawals, the Bank may refuse to make the transfer or payment or may make the transfer or payment and overdraw your account. In either event, you are responsible for any non-sufficient funds (“NSF) and overdraft fees that may apply.
Limits on Amounts and Frequency of SYSTEM Transactions
The number of transfers from your BANK accounts and the amounts which may be transferred are limited pursuant to the terms of the applicable deposit agreement and disclosure for those accounts. If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds held until the hold expires.
Internet Bill Payment Service
You must designate the BANK checking account from which the payments are to be made; the complete name of the payee, your account number with the payee, and the payee’s remittance address and phone number, all exactly as shown on the billing statement or invoice; the amount of the payment; and the Process date. The SYSTEM will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment. This is only an estimate, so please allow ample time for your payments to reach your “Payees”.
By using the Bill Pay Service option, you agree that, based upon instructions received under your password, we can charge your designated account by electronic transfer, "no signature required draft", or by debiting and remitting funds on your behalf. You understand and agree that the BANK is not responsible for any damage, whether foreseeable or non-foreseeable, arising from delayed payment or nonpayment which is due to your failure to provide us with complete and accurate information. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any payee designated by you. If we do so, we will notify you promptly.
Bill Pay Support my be contacted by phone at 866-511-2731 daily from 7:00 AM – 1:00 AM CST or by Live Chat bubble displayed within the Bill Pay service. For additional assistance, contact the Electronic Services Department at 601-445-7000.
Scheduling SYSTEM Payments
Payments are scheduled based on the "Process Date" you enter into the SYSTEM. The process date is not the "due date" of your bill at the payee. The process date should be established at least 3 business days in advance of the due date for electronic payments and 5 business days in advance of the due date for check payments. Payments must be entered into the SYSTEM before 2:00 PM Central Standard Time on the business day of the scheduled payment date. Payments will be processed at 7:00 A.M. CST and 2:00 PM CST. Payments are processed on Monday through Friday (excludes Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays). If the process date you designated is a Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday, your payment will be processed on the business day prior to Saturday, Sunday, or federal holiday. If the payee is to be paid by paper check (as indicated on the Payee List), you understand and agree that paper checks are mailed to the payee and the payee may not receive the payment until 5 business days after the payment date you entered into the Internet Bill Payment System. If the payee is to be paid electronically (as indicated on the Payee List), you understand and agree that the payee may not receive the payment until 3 business days after the payment date you entered into the Internet Bill Payment System. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for the timely delivery of mail or the improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party such as the failure of the bill payment payee to properly post a payment to your account.
How to Cancel a Bill Payment
To cancel a bill payment that you have scheduled through the SYSTEM, you must cancel the payment online via the SYSTEM (by following the onscreen instructions) before the processing time of 2:00 P.M. CST.
Stopping the payment of a check is different from the cancellation of a bill payment. Once an electronic bill payment has been debited from your account, you CANNOT place a stop payment on the transaction. You may be able to stop a bill payment by check if the check has not cleared your account. You may contact customer service by calling 601-445-7000 or come by one of our locations to place a stop payment on the check. You will incur stop-payment charges as disclosed in the current Miscellaneous Fee Schedule.
Privacy - Disclosure of Account Information
You will not receive a separate SYSTEM statement. Transfers to and from your accounts using the SYSTEM will appear on the respective periodic paper statements for your BANK accounts.
Change in Terms
We may change any term of this Agreement at any time. If the change would result in increased fees for any SYSTEM service, increased liability for you, fewer types of available electronic fund transfers, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers, we agree to give you notice at least 21 days before the effective date of any such change, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of an account or our electronic fund transfer system. We will post any required notice of the change in terms on the BANK web site (unitedms.bank) or forward it to you by e-mail or by postal mail. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic fund transfer system, we will notify you of the change in terms within 30 days after the change becomes effective. Your continued use of any or all of the subject SYSTEM Services indicates your acceptance of the change in terms. We reserve the right to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in individual situations without further obligation to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in the future. You acknowledge and agree that changes to fees applicable to specific accounts are governed by the applicable deposit agreements and disclosures. We reserve the right to modify, amend, supplement, or cancel any or all Security Procedures, and/or to cancel or replace any Security Codes, at any time and from time to time in our discretion. We will endeavor to give you reasonable notice of any change in Security Procedures; provided that we may make any change in Security Procedures without advance notice to you if we, in our judgment and discretion, believe such change to be necessary or desirable to protect the security of our systems and assets. Your implementation and use of any changed Security Procedures after any change in Security Procedures shall constitute your agreement to the change and your agreement that the applicable Security Procedures, as changed, are commercially reasonable and adequate for the purposes intended.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers, including UMB Bill Pay
Contact us as soon as you can, if you think your paper statement is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on your paper statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST paper statement upon which the problem or error appeared. When you contact us:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error, or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If the suspected error relates to a bill payment made via the UMB Bill Pay Service, tell us the account number used to pay the bill, payee name, the payment date, payment amount, payee ID number, and the payee account number for the payment in question. (This information appears on the Bill Payment "View Payment History.")
If you contact us by telephone or by e-mail, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in the form of a paper writing by postal mail or fax within 10 business days.
We will communicate to you the results of our investigation within 10 business days (5 business days for Visa® check card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after you contact us and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, point of sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for Visa® check card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and WE DO NOT receive it in the form of a paper writing within 10 business days, we may not provisionally credit your account. An account is considered a new account for 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new customer.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. If we have made a provisional credit, a corresponding debit will be made from your account.
In cases of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, you may contact us at the address or telephone numbers listed below in this Agreement.
Our Liability for Failure to Make a Transfer
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account, including a bill payment, on time or in the correct amount, according to our agreement with you when you have properly instructed us to do so, we will be liable to you for your losses or damages caused as a result. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
- If your account is closed, or if it has been frozen.
- If the transfer would cause your balance to go over the credit limit of an established line of credit or the credit limit for any credit arrangement set up to cover overdrafts.
- If you, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device, or any part of the electronic fund transfer system is not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the transfer.
- If you have not provided us with complete and correct payment information for the Bill Payment Service, including, without limitation, the name, address, your payee-assigned account number, payment date, and payment amount for the payee on a bill payment.
- If you have not properly followed the on-screen instructions for using the SYSTEM.If the Bank stops the transfer or bill payment because it has reason to believe that a transaction has not been properly authenticated or is fraudulent; or
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Contact Us at Once using the Contact Information provided in this Agreement!
Account Holder Liability. If you believe your password has been lost, stolen, used without your authorization or otherwise compromised, or if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your accounts without your permission, an immediate telephone call to us is the best way to reduce any possible losses. You could lose all the money in your accounts (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if any). If you have a personal or consumer account and you contact us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss, theft, compromise, or unauthorized use of your password, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission.
If you have a personal or consumer account and you do NOT contact us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss, theft, compromise, or unauthorized use of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password to access your accounts without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. The limitations on liability described DO NOT APPLY TO COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS.
Also, if your paper statement shows transfers that you did not make, contact us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the paper statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost through transactions made after the 60 day time period if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from contacting us, we may extend the time periods.
To notify us, call 601-445-7000 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. CST and 5:00 P.M. CST during a Business Day or write to us at United Mississippi Bank, P. O. Box 670, Natchez, Mississippi 39121.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, all of the SYSTEM services are provided “as is” we make no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in connection with the SYSTEM Services provided to you under this Agreement. We do not and cannot warrant that the SYSTEM will operate without errors, or that any or all SYSTEM Services will be available and operational at all times. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, or otherwise required by law, you agree that our officers, directors, employees, agents or contractors are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages under or by reason of any services or products provided under this Agreement or by reason of your use of or access to the SYSTEM, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, in no event shall the liability of the BANK and its affiliates exceed the amounts paid by you for the services provided to you through the SYSTEM. Neither the Bank nor any information provider is liable for any computer virus or software-related problems which may be attributable to SYSTEM Services.
Assignment and Service Providers. You may not assign this Agreement or your rights or responsibilities under this Agreement to any other party, and any attempted assignment shall be null and void. The Bank may assign this Agreement to any affiliated entity or any successor. The Bank also may assign or delegate any or all of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to one or more independent contractors or other third party service providers, and any rights or responsibilities so assigned or delegated may be exercised or enforced by either the Bank or its service provider. Any reference in this Agreement to the Bank also shall be considered a reference to any service provider performing services under this Agreement on behalf of the Bank
Your Right to Terminate
You may cancel your SYSTEM service at any time by providing us with written notice by postal mail or fax. Your access to SYSTEM will be suspended within 3 business days of our receipt of your instructions to cancel the service. You will remain responsible for all outstanding fees and charges incurred prior to the date of cancellation.
Our Right to Terminate
You agree that we can terminate or limit your access to SYSTEM Services:
- Without prior notice, if you have insufficient funds in any one of your BANK accounts. SYSTEM service may be reinstated, in our sole discretion, once sufficient funds are available to cover any fees, pending transfers, and debits.
- Upon 3 business days notice, if you do not contact us to designate a new Checking Account for fees and charges after you close the Checking account originally designated by your UMB Online Banking Services Form.
- Upon 5 business days notice, for any other reason in our sole and absolute discretion.
Communications between BANK and You
Unless this Agreement provides otherwise, you can communicate with us in any one of the following ways:
You can contact us by e-mail.
United Mississippi Bank
You may visit us in person at any of our locations.