Remote Deposit Capture service allows your business to use an in-house check scanner in conjunction with your computer to scan and electronically deposit approved items directly into your business checking account. Save valuable time by avoiding unnecessary trips to the bank!
Panini Remote Deposit Check Scanner
Mobile Deposit Services
Business accounts may be enrolled for mobile deposit services but are subject to approval. Micro-Business Mobile Deposit service is available for businesses with a low monthly transaction (less than 50 items per month) and dollar volumes (less than $25,000 per month). If your business requires electronic deposit services with transaction volumes in excess of 50 transactions or $25,000 per month or if you need the ability to batch scan your deposit transactions, please refer to UMB’s Business Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) Service.
For Mobile Deposits approved prior to 6:00 PM CST each business day, you will receive same-day funds availability and the deposit will formally post to your account on the same business day. Mobile Deposits approved after 6:00 PM CST each business day will receive same-day funds availability, but the deposit will formally post to your account on the following business day. Funds availability may be delayed or withheld if item is suspect for any reason.
Mobile Deposit Instructions (Applies to both Personal and Business Accounts)
- Endorse the check. Endorsement must include:
- For Mobile Deposit Only (on first line), and
- Authorized signature of check payee
- Log into UMB Mobile App and select Deposit Check option from the Dashboard menu
- Select Deposit a Check, enter the check amount, and then select Continue.
- Choose the proper deposit account from the listing of enrolled accounts.
- Will be prompted to take a picture of front and back of check (place on flat, dark surface in even light and capture all four corners of the check)
- Select Submit after validating the displayed information (check amount, deposit account# and the front and back images).
- Will see Deposit Received when your deposit is complete. If you receive an error message before Deposit Received, please follow the prompts given.
- Mark the check as “Deposited” after your deposit is complete. Then keep it in a secure place for 15 business days, pending final verification.
- Mark the check as “Void” and dispose of it after 15 business days following the deposit, once you have verified that the funds have been credited to your account. Dispose of it in a secure manner, such as shredding, to ensure it is not presented for deposit again.
Restrictions on Type of Deposit Items
Do not use Mobile Deposit to deposit any of the following items:
- Items payable to any person or entity other than you
- Items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or items not payable in US Currency
- Items containing alteration to any of the fields on the front of the item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are stolen, fraudulent, or otherwise improper
- Items which are not acceptable under the terms of your applicable checking, savings, or money market account and related agreement with us
- Items that exceed applicable dollar limits of the service
- US Treasury Checks
- Cashier’s checks, Money Orders, or Travelers Checks
- Savings Bonds
- Insurance Claim Checks
- Third Party Checks
- Returned or Re-deposited checks
- Site drafts or payable through drafts
- Checks requiring multiple signatures/endorsements
Mobile Deposit Confirmations:
When you submit your Mobile Deposit, you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your Mobile Deposit. Please be advised that if you receive an approved email notification regarding your deposit, the deposit is still subject to rejection during processing if the item is determined to be ineligible for processing for any reason. You will receive an additional email notification should this occur. You must maintain a valid email address in online banking to ensure you receive your email notifications.